Sunday, April 17, 2005

Time or Money

Those of you who have ever restored a vehicle know there are 2 things required (Not counting skill as the 3rd), time, and money. I am now at that stage... have been really the whole time. I am waiting for money to buy the stainless steel, allen-head engine bolt kit, for my engine. While I am waiting I decided to do a couple things I've had on the back burner for a while. Shave the drip rails on the cab of my truck, and shave my front bumper. I have the knowledge, and the skill, it doesn't cost any money, and I have the time while the truck sits in the garage waiting for the engine bolts. For those of you who don't know, drip rails on the cab of the truck are an invitation for rust along the cab seams, so shaving is almost a must, not to mention it gives a nice, clean look. Shaved front bumpers get rid of the unsightly bolt heads from the mounting bolts. Once chromed, also gives a nice, clean look. So while I wait for my air compressor to fill up, I figured I'd update this blog. Wish me luck, any of you familiar with a cut off wheel, and a grinder know about flying slag. And I know what you're thinking, of course I'm wearing protective gear. Yeah... right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click Here to get this from FreeFlashToys.com!