Sunday, April 10, 2005

Setting the record straight

Just so you guys out there (if there are any of you reading these; no comments or emails to prove it. *hint hint*) don't get the wrong impression of me, or as my friend Brandy says, to keep you from pegging me down and classifying me easily, here is another poem I wrote. You will notice it doesn't have the same mood to it. It was written at a low point in my life.


There is a large price you pay keeping to yourself,
It's hard to get your emotions back off the shelf,
Confusion, heartache, sorrow, and pain,
Meaningless relationships without any gain,
You yearn and strive for something more,
But all you find is some cheap whore,
There's no such thing as romance, you don't need luck,
The women of the nineties, all they want is a fuck,
A word to the wise, a note about protection,
Make sure that you wrap that erection,
So those of you out there fucking at will,
Don't be surprised when later, you turn up ill.

You can probably tell from the "feel" of the poem, that it is mine, but you will not a big mood change from the previous ones. I write at different times, mostly to put my thoughts in order. Raging thoughts can be caused by joy, pain, sadness, loss... writng lets me ponder over my feelings, and having to put them in order, with a rhyme scheme makes me go over the feelings over and over... helps me process and get things straight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click Here to get this from FreeFlashToys.com!