Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Grief and Loss

Okay boys and girls... and others. This one is about loss, get your tissues ready.

No one know why, there usually are no reasons,
But death is a passing, much like the seasons,
It's a shame it happens to people we know,
Yet death is a part of life; we all have to go,
It's not goodbye, but a parting of ways,
An agreement to meet again, in future days,
To meet each other in a better place,
To be greeted upon arrival by a familiar face,
Remember, grandpa will always be in your heart,
Not even death can keep the two of you apart.

I originally wrote this for my Grandmother... and myself, to deal with the loss of my Grandfather. I have since shared it with family to deal with the loss of that Grandmother, my
other Grandfather, and several friends along the way. Feel free to use it, or share it with a friend dealing with grief. It has is broke in, well worn, and has a nice comforting feel to it. Death is natural, grief is expected, temper it with all the good memories you have, or it will tear you apart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click Here to get this from FreeFlashToys.com!