Friday, April 01, 2005

Pubescent Lust

This is a poem I wrote when I was a teenager... I wrote it for my first true love. My first almost-adult-love. Looking back it isn't all that bad. I have a few pre-pubescent poems that make me shudder or cringe.

He tells her his love while she's half-asleep,
Heartfelt items he was supposed to keep,
In the quiet, dark hours of the night,
With her in his arms and within his sight,
With half-whispered words, too soft for her to hear,
While he strokes her cheek and tells them to her ear,
With the smell of her perfumed hair in his nose,
He still thinks she's too sexy for her clothes, (Reference to the song I'm too sexy for my...)
Moments of tenderness,
A gentle caress,
Those things he does to show her his care,
If she's awake he'd never tell, he wouldn't dare,
He can see her at night in his dreams,
And his love has no bounds or seams,
Either asleep or awake she always looks fine,
For him, her love is better than any wine,
He tries to comfort her whenever she's down,
It almost kills him to see her frown,
When he's worried about her, he gets nothing done,
For him, forever and always, she's the only one.

This was "The One" or at least I wanted her to be. Like I said, my first real non-puppydog love. We stayed High School sweethearts, we learned alot about ourselves, and then we both went off to college and learned a whole lot more, just not from each other, (we broke up before going off to the same college) but that, my friends, as they say, is another story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click Here to get this from FreeFlashToys.com!