Thursday, March 24, 2005

The Other Thing

Well, it's been cold and wintry, so I've been doing what most large, warm-loving creatures do... hibernating. That means I've ignored this site. I have however torn down my engine, and determined the problem to lie in the heads. The problem being worn valve guides, and/or improperly sealing valves. Thank to my best friend he gave me a set of 302 heads gratis. (Thanks a ton!) In order to make the 302 heads work on the 351W engine, the head bolt holes have to be bored out, as the head bolt for a 351 is larger than a 302. Generally this would be no problem, except that the friend who has the drill press I need to borrow is seldom available. I have bored the holes out to 1/2 inch, but they need to be just a tad larger, so have to wait for the friend to be available again. Keep your fingers crossed that it wont take too much longer, then I can start re-assembling the engine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click Here to get this from FreeFlashToys.com!